If you'd like to send people from your typeform to your videoask, read on to learn how to redirect your respondents from one to the other!
This guide creates a sequence starting with a typeform that ends with a videoask. This set-up will require being on a paid account for Typeform.
If you would like to start and end on a typeform, you can learn how to build a flow that leads from a typeform to a videoask and back to another typeform.
Create your typeform
New to Typeform? Learn how to create your first typeform.
You can build your typeform how you prefer, as long these questions are included:
1. Include a question asking for the respondent's name and make it required
2. Include a question asking for the respondent's email and make it required
Setup your videoask
As with your typeform, you can create a videoask how you prefer. Just make sure to include these settings:
1. Go into Settings for your videoask
2. Turn on Collect contact details and make sure you're collecting Name and Contact
Generate your videoask link
1. Go to Share this videoask
2. Add variables contact_name and contact_email under “Share your URL”
3. Copy your videoask URL with the contact name and contact email variables
Edit your typeform's thank you screen
1. Edit the button link and paste the videoask share URL with the contact name and contact email variables.
2. Now you will need to replace the “Jane Doe” name and email placeholders. To do so click + and select:
- contact_name = recall information from question where NAME was asked
- contact_email = recall information from question where EMAIL was asked
5. Publish your typeform and everything should be ready!
Make sure to test your sequence by opening your typeform and going through the process! 🙂
Keep in mind:
- Responses to questions in your typeform will appear in Typeform’s response panel
- Video answers for the videoask will appear in your VideoAsk inbox