Talking on camera can be tricky, but with a few simple tips, anyone can master the art of making great videos. Watch this quick video to learn how to make an interactive and engaging videoask.
Not everyone's a pro at being on camera. With VideoAsk, you don't have to be. Follow these 5 tips to create a videoask that's engaging, interactive, and, well... totally you.
1. Pick the right space
- Avoid dark, dingy corners and harsh backlighting in favor of a bright space with plenty of natural light.
- You'll also want a quiet space without too much going on in the background to avoid unwanted distractions.
2. Find your best angle
- Find your best angle, and center yourself in the shot.
- Computer or laptop cameras will do the trick, but phone cameras are even better. Back cameras are usually higher quality than front cameras, so set up your phone or ask a friend to help you record to get the best shot.
- Don't forget, you can also upload a video to your videoask instead of recording it on the spot.
3. Get to the point
- You want viewers to get to the good stuff as soon as they hit play.
- Start talking immediately after the countdown to avoid that dreaded dead second before your videoask starts playing.
- If you're worried about forgetting what to say, include speaker notes to prompt you. If you have more than one question to ask, break it up into steps to keep the flow of your videoask.
4. Be yourself
- VideoAsk is all about keeping it real. You can find a balance between being casual and professional to really compel your audience to answer your videoask.
- Sit up straight, smile, and speak clearly to keep people engaged.
- It's okay to have speaker notes, but don't stick too strictly to a script. This is your chance to show your audience who you really are – use it!
5. Spice it up!
- You don't have to be all work and no play. Get creative with your videoask to add your own personal touch.
Use props, or include a special guest to really grab people's attention. If you're really camera-shy, you don't even have to show your face. Remember, the sky's the limit with VideoAsk.